Learn about FLVEC Partner City of New Smyrna Beach Economic Development:
1) In what ways does the City of New Smyrna Beach Economic Development help business owners?
The City's Economic Development Department works directly with anyone interested in starting or locating a business in NSB and will get you whatever information needed to move forward. This includes information on which types of permits are needed for your business, the status of your permit application, the costs associated with permits and much more. The Economic Development Department will help coordinate with other agencies if needed like the Florida Department of Transportation, the Utilities Commission and the Florida Public Utilities.
If you're looking for a site for your business, the Economic Development Department will help you find one using resources like VolusiaSites, the New Smyrna Beach Board of Realtors and will coordinate meetings for you. The City also alerts business owners on topics of interest like improvements happening to local roadways and why you should care about participating in other public meetings potentially impacting your business. Business assistance programs like the City Property Tax Exemption, Brownfield Area Designation, and the Community Redevelopment Agency are all managed by the City's Economic Development Department.
2) Why is it important for business owners to take the time to contact the City of New Smyrna Beach Economic Development?
The City wants every business to be able to reach it's highest level of potential and success. Many business owners aren't aware of the resource agencies available to help them. By contacting the City's Economic Development Department, you will gain priceless knowledge on programs and resources ready to help you with any challenge your company faces.
3) Which types of businesses does the City of New Smyrna Beach Economic Development help?
Any size business, but typically small businesses looking to start-up, or relocate to New Smyrna Beach; or existing businesses planning to expand their operation all can get help from the Economic Development Department.
4) What are some things the City of New Smyrna Beach Economic Development hears from business owners that other business owners should know about?
You don't know what you don't know. The City's Economic Development Department meets with their local businesses on a regular basis to keep current with business challenges. Time and time again the City hears that most businesses don't know there are so many business assistance services available to help them.
5) Is there a cost for business owners to use the City of New Smyrna Beach Economic Development and its services/resources?
All of the assistance services and programs provided by the City of New Smyrna Beach are available to businesses at no-cost.