Learn about FLVEC Partner Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County:
1) In what ways does the EDC of St. Lucie County help business owners?
The Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County is uniquely positioned to help expanding or relocating businesses with resources available including site selection, permitting assistance, incentive program information, demographics and market research, workforce development assistance, access to grants, and connections to public/private resources.
2) Why is it important for business owners to take the time to contact the EDC of St. Lucie County?
The Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County is the champion for businesses in St. Lucie County. Their focus is assisting companies with the resources they need to expand, grow and relocate in the community, by providing a streamlined approach in responding to their needs.
3) Which types of businesses does the EDC of St. Lucie County help?
The Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County is dedicated to creating high-paying, high value jobs in the community and broadening the county’s tax base. Their focus is on targeted industries including manufacturing, aviation, marine, agribusiness, life sciences, headquarters, professional services, distribution/logistics and information technology/educational services. However, the EDC works with all businesses through resources and partnerships to ensure that all companies receive the assistance they need.
4) What are some things the EDC of St. Lucie County hears from business owners that other business owners should know about?
A referral is their biggest compliment and the EDC is grateful to business owners who share their positive experience in working with the EDC with other business owners. Business owners will share that the EDC's services are dedicated to streamlining processes for quick response and accurate information, saving businesses time and money and making sure they have the tools they need for success.
5) Is there a cost for business owners to use the EDC of St. Lucie County and its services / resources?
There is no cost to existing businesses in our community, or new businesses seeking to relocate to St. Lucie County to utilize the EDC's services.