Learn about FLVEC Partner Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance:
1) In what ways does the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance help business owners?
Services offered by the Alliance include assistance with business relocation or expansion and site selection; incentive programs and information; market research and serving as a liaison for workforce development between CareerSource Broward, educational institutions and the business community. Examples of assistance the Alliance provides to companies interested in a Broward County business expansion or relocation include:
- Relocation and Expansion Support
- Retention of Existing Business
- Local Support for New Business
- State Support
- Permitting and Regulatory Assistance
- Business and Industry Intelligence
- Community Profiles
- Business Incentives Assistance
The Alliance can also help local companies enter or expand into the international marketplace through:
- Overseas Inbound / Outbound Business Missions
- Export Counseling
- Financial Assistance
2) Why is it important for business owners to take the time to contact the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance?
The Alliance provides leadership and excellence in delivering economic development services for their clients, prospects, investors and partners. A study by the South Florida Planning Council found that the Alliance, working with its members, Broward County and other partners helped create or retain more than 25,000 direct jobs from 2007 to 2016. That study also examined the direct, indirect and induced effects and estimated a total increase in employment of approximately 55,000 jobs, as well as $2.1 billion in annual person income and $11 billion in annual economic impact in Broward County.
3) Which types of businesses does the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance help?
The Alliance assists all types of Broward County companies through their BRAVO - Business Retention And Visitation Outreach - program. In addition, the Alliance focuses on jobs growth in target business sector industries including: Aviation & Aerospace, Technology, Life Sciences, Headquarters, Global Logistics, Manufacturing and the Marine Industries.
4) What are some things the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance hears from business owners that other business owners should know about?
Each year, the Alliance partners with Kaufman Rossin on an executive survey of local CEOs and decision makers. To download the 2017 survey results, click here.
5) Is there a cost for business owners to use the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance and it's services / resources?
There are no costs associated with our assistance to companies that support the recruitment or retention of high-wage jobs in Broward County. Each year, the Alliance also assists approximately 200 additional local businesses of all sizes and types for no cost through the BRAVO - Business Retention And Visitation Outreach - program. To join the Alliance as a member (investor) company, there are various membership fees associated with various levels of participation in our public/private partnership. To learn more about membership in the Alliance, click here.