Learn about FLVEC Partner Pinellas County Economic Development:
1) In what ways does the Pinellas County Economic Development / SBDC help business owners?
Pinellas County Economic Development (PCED) and the Florida Small Business Development Center work with existing businesses to encourage expansion and seek to attract new companies with high-wage careers to Pinellas County. Through investment tools, professional courses and business counseling sessions, trade missions to open new markets, as well as local, regional and statewide partnerships, PCED fosters a pro-business climate in Pinellas County, Florida.
2) Why is it important for business owners to take the time to contact the Pinellas County Economic Development / SBDC?
Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC), assists existing and emerging businesses in Pinellas county, through no-cost confidential business consulting, information, and low-cost training. Whether starting, buying, growing or selling a business, the Florida SBDC at USF has what entrepreneurs need to grow and succeed. Consultants can assist entrepreneurs in a variety of business areas, including: marketing, business certification, capital access, market diversification, developing strategic business plans, export services, and web optimization.
3) Which types of businesses does the Pinellas County Economic Development / SBDC help?
Existing, expanding, emerging and businesses seeking to relocate to Pinellas County.
4) What are some things the Pinellas County Economic Development / SBDC hears from business owners that other business owners should know about?
“I needed to target my business structure. After taking seminars and getting advice from the Florida SBDC, I was able to sign my first contract with a big company as a subcontractor.”
“The FSBDC helped me step-by-step to become a woman-owned business. I’ve been able to expand, grow and find a marketing niche to serve my clients.”
Click here to see more small business success stories.
5) Is there a cost for business owners to use the Pinellas County Economic Development / SBDC and its services / resources?
There is no cost for consulting services. Workshops at the FSBDC range from a cost of $0 to $20.