Learn about FLVEC Partner Sumter County Economic Development:
1) In what ways does Sumter County Economic Development help business owners?
The primary role of Sumter County Economic Development is to assist local businesses and connect them with resources to facilitate their growth, employment needs, product market information, and other interests. They also assist businesses that are new to the area and looking to expand or relocate their operations to Sumter County.
2) Why is it important for business owners to take the time to contact Sumter County Economic Development?
Sumter County Economic Development can assist by providing business and industrial development expertise, infrastructure support, energy and financial resource referrals and local, state and federal government services facilitation.
3) Which types of businesses does Sumter County Economic Development help?
They’re available to help all businesses in their county prosper. They do however specifically target the industries of Agribusiness, Distribution and Manufacturing for particular development based on their strategic plan and incentives.
4) What are some things Sumter County Economic Development hears from business owners that other business owners should know about?
Sometimes business owners are surprised by the wide range of assistance they can provide. They assist with everything from expedited permitting for a construction project to specific labor market research on wages. They can also connect businesses with many free resources that can help their business grow, secure financing or get expert advice on financial and business planning, all free and within Sumter County.
5) Is there a cost for business owners to use Sumter County Economic Development and its services/resources?
As a division of county government, all of their services are available at no-cost. In addition, most of their partners in workforce development, education and business consulting also offer services at no-cost, so businesses can really benefit from connecting with them.